Welcome please introduce yourselves

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General Welcome please introduce yourselves

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    rupesrecta
    Participant

Hello All;

I am a retired control systems engineer. Been a HAM since about 1955 Now AE7LM. I’m also a fairly serious astronomer. Since I end up in the remote backcountry a lot, I use HF to stay in touch with family via WINLINK. I am gaining proficiency with my  SDRduo to get proficient on digital comms.

Best Regards;

David

Lee
    Participant

i’m Lee first got into scanners with <span class=”st”>Squidgygate and got a Realistic Pro-26.
    enthusiasm waned until rtl-sdr became a thing and now i have far too many SDRs and antennas in the attic.

mostly monitor marine band with rtl_airband software.

from Norfolk, UK.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Lee.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Lee.
    blott
    Participant

Hi All

Name is Les from North Yorkshire UK

New to SDR , recently bought the RSPduo

Regards  Les

franklydude
    Participant

Hello Rick,

Frank here,

Retired electronics analogue design engineer, otherwise known as an “electron shoveller”

I have interest in radio especially radion control for models, also for IOT, and all things techy and gadgety!

I am not a HAM….. more of a Pizza & glass of wine guy…

Jon gave me an SDR….   I have Oscilloscope plus various other electronics stuff and a huge supply of bits!

I live in Bedfordshire, Willington

G4ACP
    Participant

Hi guys,

John here,

Retired IT support engineer, degree in Pure Electronics, Radio Amateur since early 1970’s – G4ACP

I also live in Willington, Bedfordshire and know Frank (above), Jon Hudson and Steve Brightman in the US.

I was at school together with the last 2!

I have use of an RSP1 and a Duo but at present they’re decommissioned along with all my other radio gear.

I really must get organised and get them setup again.

Cheers ..

John

ZetaAlpha
    Participant

Hi my name is John (ZetaAlpha), I live in the greater Kansas City area.

mojonaut
    Participant

Hi from Northants. UK

Bob

Andy2
    Participant

Here we are again, just found the new forum. Name is Andy and I’m in Cheshire, UK. Proud owner of an original RSP-1, an RSP-2 and a Duo. Fantastic little receivers, especially at the price. Greetings to all new members.

SteveEJ
    Participant

Hello.. Steve from Brighton, TN, USA. I have a RSP1 and RSP2 with several RTL-SDR’s. I track ADS-B and am TRYING (did I say TRYING) to get weather images from NOAA and other satellites to download and record. I mainly use SDRUno but also have Macs and a Raspberry Pi 4. Can’t wait for drivers for RPi-4 and SDRUno to be available for my Macs.

Thanks for the add!

KJ7CSM
    Participant

Hi, I’m Curt and I’m a long-time RSP user going back to the original RSP1.  Here is a link to my QRZ page if you’d like to know more and see my shack.

Thanks for this new resource for us to share information!

Steve Andrew
    Participant

Hi

I’m Steve, living on Queensland’s Gold Coast in Australia. I’ve been here 30 years, prior to that I used to live in Brighton in the UK. I’m a retired development engineer and programmer, but still dabble.

GM7GAX
    Participant

Hi!

Bobby from IO75

(soon to be IO86)

w6jhb
    Participant

Hi folks,

Jim here, from Folsom, CA. Been a ham radio op since 1964. Along with my Elecraft K3 and KX2 radios, I have an RSP2 Pro. Great little SDR. Still learning SDRuno – very complete radio, although pretty complicated. For me, anyway!

Ram
    Participant

Hi OM / YL

This is Ram from Thanjavur, India (MK90ns) and now in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I got my ticket in 1996 from India with a reciprocal here in Malaysia (9M2/VU3RCN). My hf setup is Yaesu FT891 with Alpha Antenna Vertical and inverted V. I listen through RSP1A for SWLing.

glovisol
    Participant

Hallo friends,

My name is Gianfranco. I live in a wine farm in Monferrato, Italy and am lucky enough to have land around to enable me to experiment with large antennas. I have been a keen contributor on the original SDR Forum and many of my technical posts on antennas and on general SDR Processor operation are still available there. I use an RSP-1A and an RSPduo.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.