Welcome to the SDRPlay independent user forum, a place to ask questions to share your knowledge and discuss SDRPlay devices and related software
This forum is not for direct support from SDRplay – for support, go to www.sdrplay.com/support
FORUM RULES- BY JOINING OR USING THE FORUM YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS
- Only content relevant to Sdrplay devices or Software and in relation to using these is permitted.
- Insults are forbidden. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., “You are an idiot.”) and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn’t school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other’s posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody’s opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults that won’t necessary get you banned instantly, but depending on the context/nature may lead to post-editing, post deletion, warnings, or time-outs. They include telling people to shut up, describing a member as an ignorant person (rather than ignorant about a particular topic) or obtuse or as an apologist, and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It’s not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line — don’t try to upset others and don’t make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post; their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment is forbidden. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
- Threats are forbidden. Any threat or intimation of a threat.
- Multiple registrations are forbidden. You may register only one account. Reinstatement of banned or canceled accounts can come only from an administrator.
- Hoaxes are forbidden. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful.
- Trolling is forbidden. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.
- Hate speech and group slurs are forbidden. Discrimination, abuse, threats or prejudice against a particular group, for example, based on race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, in a way that a reasonable person would find offensive.