Spectrum analyser software

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    G4YTL
    Participant

Has anybody succeeded in using the SDRPLay Spectrum Analyser software programme with RSPDx? I’ve sent a ticket to SDRPLay, but no reply yet.

The software loads, but only gives the SDRDuo as an input option, although it shows the correct serial number of my RSPDx.

David

SDRplay_Tech
    Participant

In our understanding the RSPdx is not yet supported. We have sent Steve Andrew a RSPdx for development purposes, so hopefully he will be able to add support soon.

Regards

SDRplay_Tech

G4YTL
    Participant

There seems to be some misrepresentation then. I waited for the RSPDx to come out, as I wanted the option of the external 24MHz clock input. I particularity wanted to try the spectrum analyser software with it. (I have an Airspy already, so the general receiver function wasn’t the most important issue.)

The SDRPlay website https://www.sdrplay.com/resources/RSPdxDatasheet.pdf specifically states “Separate stand-alone Spectrum Analyser software for Windows is also available free of charge” and also lists Spectrum Analyser under industrial use.

If Steve Andrew can add support soon, then I will wait. But if not, I would like to return the device as not meeting its advertised specification.

In the meantime, you may wish to consider altering your advertising material

Steve Andrew
    Participant

Hi David

I’ve just received an RSPdx for evaluation. Currently I’m tidying up a new version of the analyser, due for release in the next couple of weeks. I need to use the new service-based API in order to control the RSPdx, as well as being able to offer full dual-receiver support for the RSPduo. I’ll contact SDRplay and discuss this with them, and post something here once I have a better idea of what is to be done and what support I’m able to offer for the RSPdx.

Best regards

Steve Andrew

G4YTL
    Participant

Many thanks Steve. And thanks for all of your previous contributions.

I have an Airspy, and my main reason for getting an RSP was for the Spectrum Analyser function. I was just about to buy one, when I was advised by SDRPlay that the RSP2 was being withdrawn and that a new model would appear soon. As with the Airspy, I wanted the option of the external clock input, and indeed my Leo Bodnar unit is ready and waiting on 24MHz!

The RDPDx data sheet clearly states that the Spectrum Analyser function is available, which is obviously incorrect.

If you are confident that you will be able to modify the software for the RSPDx, then I will wait. But if it proves impossible for whatever reason, I will return the unit to Martin Lynch. I will in any case notify them of the issue in case others are also misled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.