using gain reduction values below 20

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDR Software (RSP Compatible) using gain reduction values below 20

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HTR
    Participant

Hi,

I’m  trying to change the gain reduction limit values from the range [20-59] to the range [0-59] using the function ​​<b>mir_sdr_RSP_SetGrLimits(</b>) in order to use gain reduction values under 20.
      Even though it returns <b>​mir_sdr_Succes</b> , when i call the function <b>mir_sdr_SetGr(</b>) or  <b>mir_sdr_RSP_SetGr() </b>aftrewards,<b> </b>they both return <b>mir_sdr_GainUpdateError</b><b> </b>and in the debug messages it says <i>mir_sdr_SetGr: ERROR: previous gain update not received (or timed out)</i><b><i>.</i>
      </b>​With both functions I have set the syncUpdate parameter to 0 and 1 however I always get the same error code and the new gain reduction value is not  taken into account.

Here is the code for more details :
      ​​
      I first check if the gain reduction value input by the user is below 20
      if it is the case I add 20 so it can be accpeted by the function mir_​sdr_StreamInit (otherwise I get the ERROR: parameter out of range(absolute gRbd=10 LNAstate=0)
      then i call ​mir_sdr_StreamInit with the corrected gain reduction value.
      i change the gr limits to the range 0-59
      i set the gain reduction value to the value requested by the user (which is below 20)
      i call ​​mir_sdr_SetGr() or mir_sdr_RSP_SetGr() .

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by . Reason: addition of an image
      HTR
      Participant

You can find the source code in the attached screenshot

Attachments:
        SDRplay
        Participant

Hi HTR, I have replied to your support ticket on this.

Best regards,

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.