- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
October 22, 2022 at 5:25 pm #2120krakatauParticipant
Brand new to the SDT space. I am a techie, so throw anything at me – in terms of stuff that needs to be done.
I ‘ve gotten started pretty well with SW and all and even with DSD+ in combination with SDRuno.
Yet, I am unable to get DSD+ Fastlane to recognize my RSPdx.
I hope that it’s not an issue with it not being supported.
Does anyone use this combination? I am using Win10.October 22, 2022 at 5:34 pm #2121krakatauParticipant
A bit of extra details…
Based on this:
To use a single device, run the 1R.bat file to start DSD+,
then run the appropriate batch file for your device:
DVB-T dongle: FMP24-CC.bat
I ran 1r.bat and then FMPP-cc.bat. Also tried to add the serial # to the FMPP.cfg. No luck
Probably a further down the road thing, but I also get this error:
Initiating FMPx link using link ID 20001…
FMPx link error = -5
[Server is not listening on selected link ID]
October 23, 2022 at 3:56 pm #2124krakatauParticipant
- This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by .
Guess what?…. If I try to open it right after I close it – so open > error > close > open – it recognizes my RSPdx!??
Yeah, it works. With FMPP and the S/N specified in the cfg.
BUT… now I barely see any transmissions (green peaks) and when I get to them I get silence, as if it wouldn’t decode them, or there is no active call. I’ve scanned the the whole band. What gives?
This is a cab company frequency, so there’s no way that there would be no active comms.
How can I troubleshoot this? I’ve also loaded the local frequencies from the location indicated in Notes. If at all relevant: I am located in ON, Canada.October 23, 2022 at 4:25 pm #2125krakatauParticipant
Also, there is no event log window opening. I see only the cmd line window for FMPP.October 23, 2022 at 6:51 pm #2126krakatauParticipant
The attached should work, but I hear nothing. Once I tune to it the noise is gone and I hear nothing.
Without a WMPP event log, I don’t know what’s happening.
I am unable to decode ANY received channel using WMPP.
What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:October 23, 2022 at 8:33 pm #2128krakatauParticipant
Sorry folks, I figured most of the stuff out.
Here’s where I’m at, using my single SDR – in my case the RSPdx:
- FMPP running properly. Setting used for FMPP-cc.bat: -rc -i1 -o20001 -f421.2125
- CC is fed nicely on 20001, decoding like crazy – lots of stations, etc. Using default cc.bat: DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>CC.log
- I can’t get the voice part going. If I try to run FMPP-vc.bat with the default: FMPP -rv -i2 -o20002, I get -i2 error, as I have only one device. If I run it with FMPP -rv -i1 -o20002, I get an error of in use, as I am using it for the cc decoding.
- vc.bat: DSDPlus -rv -Pwav -i20002 -v3 -wsl400.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 >>VC.log
How am I making this work? I understood that DSD+ Fastlane is switching between cc and vc and I can use just one RDS – my RSPdx connected on port 1.
How am I to set it up, since the (-i2) default doesn’t work?
Do I have to output from DSD+ to a voice cable and pipe that to vc.bat?October 23, 2022 at 8:43 pm #2129krakatauParticipant
Fixed! You must use the 1r.bat for 1 RTL-SDR. It works!
Thanks, sorry for too many messages. Cheers
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.