Stolen rsp1a

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pvhoof
    Participant

So this morning I was greeted with the attached screen. I purchased the RSP1A about 3 months ago on aliexpress

I was mad, can’t complain to aliexpress more than 15 days after delivery, I’m stuck with a useless box that cost me a lot of money.

I wasn’t even that impressed with the sensitivity and was considering a pro unit. That won’t happen now.

There wasn’t even an explanation on their website exactly how this stealing happened just a list of serial numbers that would be blacklisted ( I can’t even figure out how to display my serial number)

Does any of this seem fair?

I’m so disgusted.

Peter van hoof

G4ABQ
      Admin

Hi Peter, I am sorry to hear you were caught like this.

This has been a growing problem. Here at SDRplay we heard of one buyer who paid $61 and all he got was a plastic cable “tidy” worth less than 10 cents. For the 3 weeks it took to ship it to him, they sent tracking info so that there was a delay before their fraudulent activity become obvious. I should persist with Apiexpress – they are trying to improve their image and the more people that complain the more likely they are to be more careful.

Pvhoof
        Participant

Follow up:

I have since had contact with sdrplay and found out that this is a Chinese copy of the RSP1A. I guess they are not wrong for limiting their software to their devices though the this device is stolen message lead me on the wrong path.

The other compatible software packages work ok on it so I guess it’s not too bad.

Since I don’t have anything to compare it with I can’t really compare it to the original.

neilharvey94044
          Participant

I’ve seen these on AliExpress. Brazen IP theft, with no effort made by CCP authorities to police it. Now why is China a member of the WTO?

Andy2
            Participant

PV – if you get a genuine RSP-1a you will be delighted with it. All the RSP’s are sensitive and perform well. I can hear anything on my RSP that I can hear on my other radios, HF, VHF and UHF. The Uno software takes some getting used to, but it’s very flexible and ‘twiddle-able’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.