Squelch delayed in turning off audio

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno Squelch delayed in turning off audio

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HM4k97
    Participant

I searched the web and most(some) of this forum, and I hope I’m missing something.

Purchased a RSPdx, and I am new to SDRuno, but have been using SDRSharp with a different dongle for simple scanning of Police and Aircraft Radio. It’s pretty straight forward.

Now I’m trying to do the same thing with SDRuno. My “problem” is that the signal doesn’t cut out for 2-3 seconds after the level drops below the squelch threshold. It is very
      noticeable, because it is loud and 6-10 times longer than I have experienced previous. Is this expected behavior with SDRuno? Is there something that I missing? I have AGC turned off, but that didn’t seem to make a difference either way. What is your experience?

Thanks for any input.

Andy2
      Participant

I think this has been mentioned before. There seems to be a very small threshold between the squelch staying open after a signal drops and not opening at all on weak sigs. It’s very difficult to set on anything but strong signals. IIRC there has been mention of the SDRUno team looking at this, but I’m not sure.
        EDIT – just seen that SDRUno v1.4 has ‘improved squelch’.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by .
        SDRplay_Tech
        Participant

If you are using v1.4 RC 1, there is a hang delay which relates to the settling time of the power meter. We are looking to fix this.

Regards

SDRplay_Tech

HM4k97
          Participant

@SDRplay_Tech – Well, yes, I should have mentioned that I’m using v1.4. Thank you very much for the information and the quick reply.

@Andy2 – Thanks, I had found a lot of info on the initial triggering and threshold, but looks like they are all intertwined.

Hope you all have a great day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.