Spectrum analyser bias-t control not working

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDR Software (RSP Compatible) Spectrum analyser bias-t control not working

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChrisHarris
    Participant

I have RSP1a which I hope to place aboard a ship on Monday to assist the crew with locating a GPS interference issue.

All works well until I try to turn on the bias-t (required to power the GPS antenna) when nothing happens. I’ve checked with a multimeter. It works fine from the control in SDRUno.

Any ideas any anyone?

Steve Andrew
      Participant

Hi Chris

I’m currently working on that problem now and the fix should be in the next release. Once that problem is sorted out then I can release the updated version. Bias-T does work with an RSPdx but of course that is not of much use to you in your present situation. The only thing I can suggest is to use an external Bias-T.

Best regards

Steve

ChrisHarris
        Participant

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Congratulations on a nice job with the software by the way! pity about the bias T control 😉

When do you think that you will release the fix?

I had thought about an external bias-T but would have to build one and can’t get small enough inductors locally, besides building for 1.5GHz is a bit hit and miss 🙂 I can see the signal in SDRUno so that’s OK but no real spectrum analysis tools there. Had a look for a company that could supply one overnight but have drawn a blank so far.

Thanks
          Chris

Steve Andrew
          Participant

Hi Chris

The Bias-T issue is the only outstanding problem now, so once that’s fixed the next release should be ready to go. I don’t want to put a time on it as the unexpected can always happen, but I would have thought sometime in the next 4-6 weeks. – Could be sooner, could be later.

All the best

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.