SDRUNO S-Meter glitch above 29.952

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno SDRUNO S-Meter glitch above 29.952

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KA9UVY
    Participant

I notice that the s-meter in SDRUNO 1.4 shows about a 4 S unit increase in noise floor even with no antenna attached when you go from 29.951 to 29.952 and above on the VFO, Is this a software glitch or a passband filter issue? or both? The higher noise floor continues also on 6 meters and above, I believe. The DBM readout stays correct, only the S-meter jumps up showing incorrect value.
      Has anyone reported this or is there a fix in the works for this issue? It does it here on two separate PC,s and RSP DX and RSP! that I have.
      Thanks
      Robert

KA9UVY
      Participant

I just installed 1.40.2 on my laptop and the same issue occurs but at 30.511 up?
        Any help with this issue?
        Thanks, 73
        Robert

KA9UVY
        Participant

Well thanks to another user (via facebook) I found out that incoming signal level above 30 Mhz is measured differently and I had checked the option to use IARU s meter standard, Unchecked box and all is well.
          Now if SDRUNO would just give us a big beautiful analog looking s-meter option!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by .
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.