SDRUNO / Internet Data?

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno SDRUNO / Internet Data?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    w6jhb
    Participant

I’m using an RSP2 Pro and the most recent version of SDRuno on Windows 10 under Parallels on an iMac. Works fine, but I’ve got a question. I noticed that as soon as I start SDRuno my system monitor shows a high number of network data packets in and out. I shut down SDRuno and the network traffic stops.

What is this software doing on the Internet?

SDRplay_Tech
      Participant

It’s just the version checking, i.e. checking whether there is a more up to date version of the software available for download.

w6jhb
        Participant

Well, if that is what it is doing, I would be very surprised. I say that because there was nearly zero network activity when I fired up SDRuno and then immediately the network traffic took off, sending and receiving about 38KB/sec and about 27 packets / sec. I watched it for over half an hour doing the same thing. As soon as I ended SDRuno the network activity returned to zero. Not a lot of data, but I sure am curious what the heck it is doing.

Jim

SDRplay_Tech
          Participant

Have you tried disabling the auto update check via the Main Panel Options (OPT button)? I am wondering whether if your firewall is blocking the version check that the software keeps trying having had no response.

w6jhb
            Participant

Well, that wasn’t it. I unchecked the auto-update box, shut down the application and re-started it. No change. While it is running, data send and receive chugs along. When the application ends, so does the data transfer.

Maybe I need to post a support question?

SDRplay
              Participant

I’ve run resource monitor with both the update check on and off and it’s doing for me exactly what it should be. With the update check enabled I see network activity and then when the integration time of the network activity has been hit (60 seconds in my case) then the network activity goes to 0 – if I disable the update check then no network activity even registers in the resource monitor.

If you are seeing something different with the resource monitor, please raise and ticket and attach a link to a video if you can, I would be interested to see it.

Thanks,

Andy

SDRplay
                Participant

btw if you use resource monitor, make sure to tick the checkbox next to SDRuno.exe, that way it will highlight any network activity in the graphical display on the right.

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.