RSPDuo versus RSPdx with one antenna

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General RSPDuo versus RSPdx with one antenna

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarkHirst
    Participant

I’ve been happily using my RSPDuo for a while now, although in the absence of two good antennae, not really taking any useful advantage of the diversity feature.

As I only have access to one decent antenna in most circumstances (Wellbrook 1530), does the RSPdx offer any advantages for HF reception over the Duo?

Andy-W
      Participant

As I understand it from the specs the dx version only offers advantages under 2Mhz with its high dynamic mode and also more steps of adjustment on the rf gain slider. I have an rsp1a but will be holding off upgrading until I see some user feedback on the advantages of the dx version. My suspicion is that you may be better off with a duo and two antennas…perhaps an MLA30 to compliment your Wellbrook as they are only about £30. I suppose at the end of the day it depends on your area of interest.

G4ABQ
        Admin

The RSPdx comes into its own below 2MHz. But it is still a single tuner RSP so cant offer the advantages of diversity tuning. The RSPduo does allow real-time 2 antenna comparisons. There’s a comparison table here: https://www.sdrplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/RSPComparisons.jpg

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by . Reason: error in url
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.