RSPDuo FM Issue

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    n5oao
    Participant

Can someone send me some tip and tricks on how to deal with Gain/Attenuation with the RSPDuo when listening to FM? I am particularly having issues when using a large spectrum 2-10mhz. It either overloads or I don’t hear signals like I should, I can’t seem to find the sweet spot. I’ve also tried adjusting the IF AGC controls with no luck. Any help would be most appreciated. I don’t have this issue with the same antenna (Discone) with the AirSpy Discovery, but of course this SDR has a much smaller bandwidth. With the SDRDuo even in small bandwidths it doesn’t seem quite right listening to FMBC. Also, I don’t have this issue using the SDRDuo listening to AM or SW (different antenna).

Thank you!

-Hal

Gremlin
      Participant

Hi,

just tried out to copy your problem as i’m living about only 30km away from two very strong FM-transmitters.
        acutally i’m using a Skyscan 1300 as Antenna, but any short wire would do as the signal is VERY strong.
        samplerate is set to 10MHz, RF-Gain to minimum resulting in S9+50! IF-Gain set to Auto.
        absolutely no problems. setting RF-Gain over 50% results in ADC-Overload..

Regards
        Ralf

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.