Questions / Issues

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno Questions / Issues

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    N8ME
    Participant

Happy Holidays,

I have 3 RSP’s (1, 2, Duo) and am running SDRUno 1.33 on Windows 10.

Question: How does one set the Final SR in LIF mode? In ZIF mode, you can set the sample rate and decimation. If you use the BAND buttons to set the frequency range, the IFBW and Final SR are adjusted, but how can I set my own?

Question: Can I set my own bands? For example, I would like to set a band that includes only a portion of an amateur band (for example, the CW portion, say 3.500 – 3.575 MHz).

Question: When I look at Windows Add/Remove programs, I see an entry “Uninstall SDRPlay drivers and DLL’s.” Does uninstalling this entry uninstall the drivers and DLL’s or does it uninstall the program that uninstalls the drivers and DLL’s. FWIW, none of the other entries in Add/Remove programs use the word “Uninstall” in the title, but all have the option to UNINSTALL.

Question: Is there an easy way to set the LO to a particular frequency? For example, If I want to monitor a particular frequency range, I might want to set the LO to a certain frequency and lock it into place as I tune around.

Question: Other than using the settings menu, is there a way to control the spectrum base. It seem like every time I change bands and the background noise level changes, I have to go into settings to adjust the spectrum base.

Issue: On the main spectrum display, if you uncheck “Show S-Meter”, the background of area where the text (dBm and SNR) is displayed still shows over the spectrum display. This is particularly annoying if you try to minimize the vertical height of the spectrum display.

diysdr
      Participant

Hey Mark,
        hopefully one of the sdr experts will dial in to answer your questions. In the meantime I’ll offer some opinion.
        regarding

Question: Can I set my own bands? For example, I would like to set a band that includes only a portion of an amateur band (for example, the CW portion, say 3.500 – 3.575 MHz).

I think its unlikely. I suspect that they used fixed filters that are switched in/out unders software control and are not tuneable in a fine grain manner like you would like.
        I talked to one of reps for the FLEX rigs. That’s quite a sophisticated sdr rig. I was curious thinking that they had some fancy tuning system for the bandpass. He said that what was in there was a series of filters with old fashioned relay switching for tuning. Custom filtering a narrow band like you are asking for would be quite a feat.

I am still learning the value of using those zero IF, or LO IF settings. I did discover that while running in zero IF that I get a lot of broadcast AM images when I”m dialed in the 22Mhz area. When I switch to a LO IF setting they go away. So I need to learn the -+ aspects of those settings.

How is ver 1.33 working for you? I am finding that some of the settings choices work differently from time to time, inconsistently. So much so that I gave up on sdrplay and went to hdsdr.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.