Problem with recieving duplicated stations

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General Problem with recieving duplicated stations

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erg
    Participant

The problem I seem to be having is that Broadcast Band signals seem to be duplicated above the BC band.
      I am using the SdrDX radio with the SdrUno ver 1.33 software. Win x10 OS.

As an example, a station at 15.5 khz is also being received at about 2.1 khz. Other stations seem to be duplicated as well.
      RF gain setting does not change the symptom. Signal strength is about -90 Dbm. @ -120 Dbm noise floor. AGC selected to auto.
      No distortion in the received audio is observed. Passband width = 11 Khz. Antenna C is selected for.
      Doing a little math, the duplicated stations do not fall on any harmonically related frequencies.

I admit that the software is new to me and it is quite possible that I have some setting or option/s adjusted improperly.

If this question does not give enough information to fully characterize a known or obvious newbie error, I would be happy to
      supply more exact information as to all of the settings that are being used in this circumstance.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help anyone might be able to supply.

Erg
      Participant

I made an error in my post, OOPs.

The error is as follows,

As an example, a station at 15.5 khz is also being received at about 2.1 khz. Other stations seem to be duplicated as well.

It should have been written as,

As an example, a station at 15.5 khz is also being received at about (2.1 Mhz). Other stations seem to be duplicated as well.

Andy2
        Participant

Hello. I’m having trouble understanding your post as the frequencies seem to be confused. There are no bc stations on or near 15.5 kHz. If your problem is that MW stations are appearing in frequencies they shouldn’t, try pressing the ‘MW Notch’ button (small MAIN panel) and see if that cures it.
          If these ‘images’ appear in places where they cause problems and the MW notch doesn’t help, try clicking up one end of the spectrum so that the LO figure changes, then retune (using the mouse wheel) and take another look. The chances are that the unwanted signal will be somewhere else.
          This is a problem for all hybrid SDR’s that boast a wide spectrum display – you can’t put narrow front-end filters in without ruining the nice wide display!
          BTW, the RSPdx has the ‘high dynamic range’ feature for frequencies below 2 MHz, but you may need the new 1.4 software version of SDRUno to access it. Don’t quote me on that as I’m a little way behind at the moment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.