My RPS2 is malfunctioning and I cannot receive any signal, please help

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRPlay Devices My RPS2 is malfunctioning and I cannot receive any signal, please help

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SDR2017
    Participant

My RPS2 is malfunctioning and I cannot receive any signal, please help
      Hello everyone!
      I am from mainland China. I bought a SDRplay RSP2 in mainland China in November 2017. Today, the computer I was using suddenly shuts down and then I restarted the computer. SDRplay RSP2 is abnormal. SDRplay RSP2 can be connected to the computer for tuning. It was normal, that is, no signal was received. When I picked up the SDRplay RSP2 and found that the casing was hotter than usual, I took the casing apart and tested it by hand. It was hot, and finally found that it was 6 next to the external clock input socket. The temperature of the foot chip is very high and very hot. Now I ask you if SDRplay RSP2 can work normally if I remove this chip? I can’t find a repairable place here. I can only try to repair it by myself. Now I ask you if this chip is an external clock chip. If I remove this chip, will SDRplay RSP2 work properly? I can’t use an external clock either. I don’t speak English. I ask you for help through Google Translate. I hope you can understand what I mean! Looking forward to your help, thank you all!

Is the chip in the yellow circle in the picture

Andy2
      Participant

I think it would be best to raise a support request from the main site. Go to the front page of the site and click on support at the top.

SDR2017
        Participant

thank you very much! I have repaired it. I found that the chip is a power chip, model LP5900SDX-2.8, I temporarily replaced it with AMS-1117-2.5, I have ordered LP5900SDX-2.8 online

SDR2017
          Participant

I temporarily use AMS-1117-2.5 instead, SDR can also work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.