Multiple VRX Frequencies

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno Multiple VRX Frequencies

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    w6jhb
    Participant

Just started using my RSPPro2 and SDRuno 1.3 after several months away from it. I would like to have one VRX looking at the 7 MHz ham band while a second VRX is looking at a different band, perhaps 12 meters (24 MHz). For the life of me I can’t figure out how to do it. I can get the second VRX activated, but cannot go anywhere but the 7 MHz frequency range. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the hardware / software? About the only thing I could find in the user manual was “ADD VRX – This allows you to add an additional VRX, this can only be added if the RSP is stopped. The additional VRX must be in the selected bandwidth you have selected (SR MHz).”

Thanks, Jim / W6JHB

Rick
      Admin

Hi Jim if you have 2 mhz bandwidth selected both or all the vrx’s must fit into this 2mhz span as that is what the single tuner can receive in one chunk, the maximum bandwidth that can be received is 10mhz again with 10mhz bandwidth all active vrxs must fall within this bandwidth, a further point is that the bandwidth will be centered on the main frequency selected, the RSP Duo is a twin tuner so this does allow it too look at two separate 2 mhz chunks of the full frequency range of the rsp’s but you would need to run two instances and have two antennas or such as a combiner,

w6jhb
        Participant

Hi Rick – thanks for the reply. It was not what I wanted to hear, but I guess it is what it is. I was hoping to monitor one area of the ham bands in one VRX and another in a second VRX but I guess that isn’t gonna happen. Oh well…

w6jhb
          Participant

Rick – another related question – I’ve looked through the online docs but can’t find where to select the bandwidth for my RSPpro2. Where is it hiding? 🙂

Jim

Rick
            Admin

Jim in the main panel change the if mode from LIF to ZIF you will then have the option under sr to change the bandwidth up to 10mhz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.