Increase sideband bandwidth

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno Increase sideband bandwidth

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DarrylP796
    Participant

Is there a way to increase the LSB or USB bandwidth to more than 5 kHz? There are some stations working ESSB (Enhanced Single Sideband) that run more than 5 kHz bandwidth. I have been able to fake out the system and use the “Digital” button setting and adjust the sliders in the Aux SP window to receive the signals, however, was hopeful I was missing an easy setting to increase the AuX SP bandwidth when using the LSB or USB buttons. Max Aux SP bandwidth for LBS or USB seems to be when selecting the “3000” preset and then using the sliders to go to 5kHz. Am looking to go to 8kHz or even 10kHz in SSB when needed.

Darryl

Andy2
      Participant

Will the bandwidth in the Aux sp not ‘drag’ out with the mouse? You can do it with the other modes, so I’m guessing it is possible.

DarrylP796
        Participant

The AUX SP will “drag out” but only to a point. If you choose the 3000 Hz wide radio button preset, the maximum bandwidth you can “pull” to is 5000 Hz. I can’t use the “zoom” arrow on the AUX SP to zoom out further either. It seems that the maximum bandwidth setting for LBS and USB modes is 5000 Hz. Some stations are using more than this for ESSB transmission.

Darryl

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by .
          DarrylP796
          Participant

If I read it correctly, I think the SDRUno roadmap has this increased bandwidth feature planned for release 1.4.3.

Thank you Devs!

Looks like lots of neat new features on the horizon.

G4ABQ
            Admin

You can select “Digital” in the RX Control window which will open up the SP2 filter allowing you to then independently drag the filter skirts to where you want them as shown in the example below:

Best regards, Jon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.