Help to ID a signal type

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General Help to ID a signal type

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BruceS2a
    Participant

Hi, I’ve set up my SDRplay using a long wire antenna and SDRuno running in Paralles on the Mac. Works perfectly. As an ex-ham (from the ’60’s), I started listening and looking at the signals on the ham bands, mostly 40meters. I see/here some strange signals I can’t identify and I wonder if anyone can clue me in. Specifically I run across a lot of “squeaky” sounding signals that just look like lumps of noise but clearly are being modulated and go off and on as if it was digital communication conversation. Relatively narrow band and no identifiable frequencies (no tones). I’ve attached a screen shot for an example. Sorry if this off-topic for the forum but I couldn’t think of a better place to post this. Cheers

WD6AHX
      Participant

Hello Bruce,

There are so many different types of signals out there that that it is pretty much impossible to determine what it might be with just a visual of the spectrum.
        It would still be a long shot even with an audio recording snippet of it. Sorry that I don’t have a better answer for you.

73 WD6AHX Wayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.