frequency ‘step size’ adjustment – will only move 100khz at a time suddenly

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General frequency ‘step size’ adjustment – will only move 100khz at a time suddenly

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kron1999
    Participant

Hi sorry for what’s probably a silly question, but earlier I added some memory bank files and saved the default workspace so it would hold the setting for my folder of memory bank files and now next time I fire up SDRUno I can only adjust frequency in large steps of 100k. And by this I mean either clicking on the frequency vs signal plot, or by mouse wheel scrolling. Eg if I try and click a SW station ‘peak’, I can’t land on it b/c the nearest step size is way far away in even increments of 100khz.

What setting have I messed up? Thanks!

Kron1999
      Participant

Edit – oh and I wanted to ask, what is ZIF/LIF adjustment really doing and why would you use one vs the other? How about IF lock? I find the manual good about saying where the controls are, but some of this stuff it doesn’t go into detail on why you might adjust it.

Lee
        Participant

if you right click on the frequency on the rx window you can choose a step size.
          you can lock the centre frequency with ‘lo lock’ on the main window but you can’t lock individual channel frequencies, which i wish you could.

Kron1999
          Participant

Oh my, that makes perfect sense on the step size now, can’t believe I didn’t see that! Thanks! All good now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.