changing frequencies dragging mouse

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno changing frequencies dragging mouse

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    diysdr
    Participant

good to see some more activity here.

I’ve been tinkering with sdrplay with e4000 dongle. I think I’ve got it all installed properly. I’ve also played with SDRSHARP and HDSDR. SDRPLAY seems to be missing an obvious key feature. On HDSDR I can click drag the spectrum to any band of frequencies I want. I can’t make that kind of function happen on SDRPLAY. If I want to hop 20mhz to another frequency I have to keyboard the new center frequency and go from there. I can’t just drag the spectrum window around. I’m thinking that this deficiency is just some kind of operator error thing. Like maybe I need to press the shift key while click dragging the mouse or something like. Maybe I’m the oddball and no one else likes that feature?

I have looked at a LOT of SDRPLAY youtubes and I never see that operation. they always just take time to key in the new freq. Is that just the way works? No mousing around?

Maybe what I am looking for is just not that commonly used although I use that function on HDSDR a lot. Makes tuning very easy.

Andy2
      Participant

If you just want to go quickly to a frequency ten or twenty MHz away, just hover your mouse over the relevant digit and use the mouse wheel to step in 10 MHz chunks.

diysdr
        Participant

yes, thanks I have been doing that. Problem is I have gotten so accustommed to just dragging/slinging the spectrum along with the mouse. Its kinda like spinning the dial on an old radio. I think they support an external usb knob?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.