ADS-B decoder Dump1090 won’t see my RPS 2

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums General ADS-B decoder Dump1090 won’t see my RPS 2

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dcjoyce
    Participant

This may not be the best place for this topic.
      I am trying to implement “A new ADS-B decoder for the SDRplay RSP [, ] released by the SDRplay programmers”, from https://www.rtl-sdr.com/ads-b-decoder-for-the-sdrplay-rsp-now-available/.
      There seems to be only a facebook forum on this software and my dump1090 program doesn’t see any RSPs- even though my SDR play is running.

RSPuser
      Participant

Be sure to have a compatible 1090 MHz antenna. For the RSP2, I use ANT B input for dump1090. To start dump1090, you will need to set up a batch file in the C:/Program Files (x86)/SDRplay/dump1090 directory with the following in order to configure dump1090 for operation:

@echo off
        title CTRL-C to EXIT – v1.47 Std Performance dump1090
        .\DisableClose.exe
        .\sdrplay_dump1090.exe –dev-sdrplay –quiet –net
        pause

Run the batch file to start 1090dump. If you wish to start 190dump and show data for testing purposes, use the following:

@echo off
        title CTRL-C to EXIT – v1.47 Std Perf Interactive dump1090
        .\DisableClose.exe
        .\sdrplay_dump1090.exe –dev-sdrplay –interactive –net
        pause

The above uses ANT B and will display the aircraft information so you can see that dump1090 is working, before linking to other applications, such as VirtualRadar. VirtualRadar will display the aircraft on a map.

If you want to turn on the bias-T of the RSP2 on ANT B input and use 1090dump, apply the following batch file:

@echo off
        title CTRL-C to EXIT – v1.46 Std Performance dump1090
        .\DisableClose.exe
        .\sdrplay_dump1090.exe –dev-sdrplay –quiet –net –enable-biasT
        pause

Just use a text editor, such as Notepad and paste the code above into it and then save the .txt file. Then change the file extension to .bat and put that in the C:/Program Files (x86)/SDRplay/dump1090 directory. You can then put a link to the batch file on your desktop for easy access to start it, before starting VirtualRadar or similar application. To create the desktop link, right click on the batch file and select to put an icon and link on the desktop. For the receiver format option in VirualRadar (see Options -> Receiver) in VirtualRadar use AVR or Beast RAW Feed when applying 1090dump (be sure Is Satcom ACARS feed is not selected).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by .
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.