Reply To: Spectrum Analyzer won’t run on Win10

MikeD
Participant

Hi Steve

I copied the files you sent to the SpecSettings folder and the analyser starts, but gives the same access error on closing.

If I try to save a screenshot while it’s running I get an unhandled exception error:

************* Exception Text **************
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
       at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
       at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)
       at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename)
       at RSP_SAS_Spectrum_Analyser.DisplayControlPanel.SaveImage(String filePath)
       at Spectrum.frmMain.btnSaveScreenshot_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I click Save Data, an empty folder called DataDump is created and the program closes.

Selecting Gains edit followed by Save As allows me to save the file to the Desktop, but when I tried clicking Save it created the GainTables folder then crashed when trying to write the file.

Running the program as Administrator doesn’t change the above behaviour.

Perhaps I should mention that my C: drive is reserved for Windows and programs while a physically separate D: drive contains all my data, including the Documents folder.

So the program can create the folders it needs under D:\\Documents\RSP Spectrum Analyser but cannot write to files in those folders.

Mike