Installing Dream 2.2 on Windows (I want my DRM!)

SDRPlay Independent Community Forum Forums SDRUno Installing Dream 2.2 on Windows (I want my DRM!)

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scubpout
    Participant

Okay, I’ve hit a dead end. Downloaded Dream 2.2, and unzipped into a folder I named dream under Program Files (x86). Found and installed the missing wpcap.dll and packet.dll. Got a not entirely expected “no Qt platform plugin could be initialised” message. Tried what was recommended in this web page,
      http://www.drmrx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=748&page=21
      both method 1 and 2, using copies of qwindows.dll I found elsewhere in my PC, but no nice. Anybody else banged there head against this and successfully broken through? I’m almost out of ideas…

Thanks in advance,
      Mike

martinpd
      Participant

There are 2 issues with Dream right now. The windows version is missing qt5 files and it won’t decode the newer xHE-AAC format. In the forums a few people are exploring solutions and I tried to follow along but apparently I’m not a proficient programmer and gave up in the utter mess I was tangled up in. I hope the developers are making headway but its been about a year since released so I’m not holding my breath.

scubpout
        Participant

Well, I’m looking to see if I can get a little assistance from the QT Users forum, and if by some chance I strike pay dirt and get that part working, I’ll share the info far and wide. Wish me luck!

Lee
          Participant
            martinpd
            Participant

That version works but there is still a problem with xHE-AAC decoding. If the signal varies or drops slightly it causes Dream to crash and close. At any rate it’s a step forward and being worked on. The poster is also working to make it Win7 compatible.

scubpout
              Participant

Good thread here showing what I did to get it running for me:

https://sourceforge.net/p/drm/discussion/general/thread/21b4467660/?page=0

Just got it going, so haven’t tried an xHE-AAC signal yet. Will see how that goes.

Huge thanks to Zefie for what he’s done for this!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.